We build capacity to strengthen and expand accountability organizations’ core oversight competencies for designing, investigating and reporting on the efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of government operations and compliance with laws and regulations. Our work includes:
- Performance auditing: This includes detailed training modules on planning and design, data collection and analysis techniques, and assessing the sufficiency and validity of evidence. From 2013 to 2018, we trained more than 350 auditors and investigators from accountability institutions in Indonesia, Serbia, Mali and the Philippines.
- Effective messaging: We provide training for auditors on how to use a deductive, journalistic approach that presents bottom line, graphic-rich findings, conclusions and recommendations that are practical inputs to future reforms.
- Mentoring performance audit teams: Our mentoring helps teams to better design audits, develop researchable questions, and apply data collection instruments and case study methodologies. It is also designed to help with effective interview techniques and more user-friendly reports.
- Establishing coordination councils: These councils ensure that audit results are coordinated among Inspectors General, internal audit units, Supreme Audit Institutions and parliament.
- Peer review assessments: We support self-assessments of audit office compliance with over 200 international standards to identify strengths and weaknesses in preparation for international peer reviews.
- Strategic planning: We help develop and update strategic plans and performance indicators to measure success in achieving key Supreme Audit Institution goals and objectives.